Sorts of hosting services
A hosting service concerns storing and/or sharing given web content on a server administered by a web hosting supplier. There are different categories of hosting services used for different aims, so let's examine them. Doing so, you can pick what you need, based on whether you'd like to launch a website, mail addresses, or to share files with friends and colleagues.
- File hosting: a service provided by various web hosts, which enables you to share large files. These could be disk images, movies, audio files, archives, etc. This solution is also known as file storage, and its only purpose is to share files, since it does not offer web page uploading. Once the files are uploaded, you will either receive a randomly created download link for each of them, or you will be able to explore an inventory of all the files in a directory, but you will not be able to view .html or .php website files in your web browser. Free-of-cost file storage accounts often involve adverts by the download links, while a timer compels you to wait for a particular stretch of time to perceive them. A given file can be downloaded with limited speed. If you have a paid file hosting package, there are no limits as to how many files you can upload/download right away, and also there is no limitation in regard to the download speed or the file size.
These days, with the assistance of the cPanel hosting suppliers, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more trendy "cloud hosting". This is an entirely unsuitable explanation of the actual meaning of "cloud hosting". An actual cloud website hosting environment would distribute the tasks at hand between different hosts of web servers in a cluster, which are dedicated to attending various web page hosting services (electronic mail, storage space, statistics, DNS, databases, web hosting Control Panel, etc.) So, the file hosting service is merely a sort of a disk space hosting solution, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even near.
- Image hosting: comparable with file hosting; some firms provide a hosting service for pictures solely. This hosting variant is appropriate if you desire to share a huge amount of pictures with buddies or associates since the service is usually free of charge. You will receive a randomly generated link for each and every pic or album and you can then share this link. As with the file hosting service, .html and .php files are not compatible, so the solution cannot be used for sites.
- E-mail hosting: a solution dedicated to administering your mail addresses. Some firms provide webspace hosting solutions for websites, but do not supply an e-mail hosting solution. If you desire to manage an email address with your domain name but do not want to keep a site, then the email hosting service is what you need. You can create email accounts and administer them, but there will be no web service for the domains. The email hosting service includes incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP mail servers.
- Video hosting: this service permits you to upload and share video files. You can either share a link to a certain video file, or you can embed the video clip in your web site that is hosted somewhere else. The benefit of using this method in lieu of uploading the video file in a web hosting account is that the video file brings about a certain amount of central processing unit load, so with a couple of videos and several hundred viewers, you may have a hard time with your hosting supplies. Embedding the video clip will allow you to operate as many video clips as you want without bothering about system resources.
- Website hosting: this is the service that you require if you want to keep a website. To some extent, it involves all of the abovementioned hosting groups since, along with your sites, you can also host pics and files, you can keep databases and e-mail box accounts, upload video clips, etc. At 100WebSpace, for instance, you can take a peek at web hosting and dedicated server hosting plans that allow you to get all of the aforesaid solutions in one single place. There may be limitations depending on the form of hosting service that you've chosen - a free hosting account, a paid shared hosting plan, a VPS or a dedicated server. Based on that, your hosting account may be better or worse compared to the standard email/file/video/image hosting accounts that are meant for particular web content solely.